Friday, November 10, 2006

Clash of Cultures : Dialog I

As a Turmos Ayya resident living in the US I would like to say that it is always good to listen to the others opinions, especially to people from Shilo. I was amazed by the level of dialog between Turmos Ayya resident and Avraham. I wounder why Turmos Ayya resident is not writing any more. please keep talking, please to all.
Posted Friday, September 22, 2006SA

I of course cannot answer for the residents of Tumos Ayya but I suggest it is relatively simple - real open honest dialog between equals is not a possibility between an Arab in Palestinian society and a Jew who lives in the Land of Israel. Not because the Jew is not capable of being open and listening to divergent opinions. No, simply because if such an Arab were recognized by his peers/neighbours his life would be in danger.

I might be wrong, but it would be interesting if someone from the Palestinian side could come up with a better explanation.

Ibrahim Iben Ibraham
Yoel Ben-Avraham
Shilo, Benyamin

No comments: